Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guy's anybody have a idea how to get a verizon droid X to sync to truck system {u connect }.I am going to try and re read everything but if anybody has done this Please let me know how ????

·
Diesel Junkie
5,900 Posts
Are you talking about linking to the entertainment?

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tring to connect it to the U connect system for hand's free operation of cell phone .

·
Registered
180 Posts
go to setting-wireless & networks-bluetooth settings-scan for devices. wait for it to find uconnect then pair them together.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it see's phone but won't let me call unless I say the whole phone number ? say's phone book empty blue tooth is on in the phone ?

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to delete the phone and start all over again I think it oop's when we were hookin it up .Thank's for the help

·
Registered
180 Posts
yeah give that a shot. sorry i couldnt help much, its been about 6 months since i paired mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some phones wont load the phone book with u connect, the old phone I had didn't. Got a new phone and worked as advertised.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Also, if your contacts aren't synced with GMail then you won't have any contacts in your BT phonebook. For example, if your contacts are only synced from/by Facebook then they're not actually synced to the contact list used by voice dial, bluetooth, etc.

If your contacts are synced with GMail then I've got nothing, good luck. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had to go to droid market and down load the app for extended blue tooth. I think its called blue tooth file transfer. Good luck.......

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it fixed guy's reloaded phone book and now I can listen to text messages and everything that's part of phone . Thank's for the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a droid x and I have it setup with my u-connect to make a receive calls. What else is it supposed to be able to do?

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a droid x and I have it setup with my u-connect to make a receive calls. What else is it supposed to be able to do?
You can blue tooth it to hear your text messages and reply to them also plus play music from phone
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Salty Squid
770 Posts
For whatever reason I had to re-pair my X with my truck once a month before I left on deployment. Not sure if it was because of Droid X updates or what the deal was, but it's annoying none the less.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you NDNGUYD for the mention of the bluetooth download software in the android marketplace. My old blackberry would pair up just fine but when I went to the droid the way the guy transferred my contact list over, I could make phone calls but it wouldn't recognize any contacts. Downloaded the app and all is working now. Wish I would of found this out 8 months ago when I got the phone. Thanks again. This forum is great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can blue tooth it to hear your text messages and reply to them also plus play music from phone
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
How do you stream audio over the bluetooth? I have been trying to figure it out with no luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the Droid to pair up great, but recently the phone does not pair up automatically when you get in the Dodge Truck, any ideas? I could usually take the battery out of the phone and than it would pair fine. The last time my husband tried this he had no luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts