Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was double checking the fuel system on my 98.5 to make sure i was actually needing a ip and lp. i have been having intermittant dead pedal at hiway speeds and the auto trans has been hunting 1-2 and 2-3 shifts around town. as part of the checks i disconnected my edge comp. after i scanned codes and got p0216 and p1693. a 50 mile test drive after clearing the codes showed more power and torque and the trans shifted normally. could the edge box have been causing the dead pedal and shift problems? i know the '216 code is a worn pump kind of thing and wont "fix" itself, and probly will come back later, but for now there are no new codes. can anyone comment on this?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I drove my truck for a couple of months with 0216 code and intermittent dead pedal. I finally got tired of the dead pedal , change the vp44 an no problems since.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply 98.5hotrod. im gonna change the ip and lp anyway because of the dead pedal thing.
i was a bit surprised at the increase in power and torque AND the trans shift problems that cleared up after i disconnected the edge comp. the difference was quite amazing.
with the edge box installed the performance was pretty doggy when it was turned off and a lot better when turned on to 2nd or 3rd setting.
now im wondering if the edge box has helped cause the ip failure...???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too had Edge chip problems

I have a 2004 Ddodge diesel and had intermittant starting problems and sometimes it would die on me. I replaced fuel pump and fuel regulator but that did not help. I unhooked my chip and have gone nearly a thousand miles without any trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts