Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have researched all of the codes and can't seem to find what my truck is telling me.

I do the standard procedure of the key turning and the odemeter displays six dashes for about 5 seconds and then says d0NE.

I know that I am doing to trouble code process correctly as I had been able to retrieve a soft code a few weeks back P0402 that went away after a few key cycles.

Any help would be appreciated, this is my first post here.

Thanks!

The Truck is an '08 6.7L with 80K stock.

·
Registered
807 Posts
DONE indicates no active codes, and / or no stored codes that haven't been cleared by a specified number of engine start / stops (i.e. some codes require two good starts where the code isn't generated again before it auto clears).

What's indicating / telling you have a set code or problem?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Gotcha. If i remember correctly, the CEL will stay on until as i stated above. Since nothing is displayed in the odometer other than dashes, whatever has set it s already cleared / ok (unless its setting every other start or so). I used to get a CEL pre-deletes for sooted turbo. then i would run i it hard for 15 minutes. After that i would do the key cycle to make sure it wasn't displayed and go on about my way. Since i'm OCD most times, i would sit in the driveway and start the truck, let it run for 30 seconds, then turn off. I'd do that 3 times i think before the CEL went out. Might want to try that to turn off the CEL light.

However, the code that set the CEL is no longer active in your case, but is being stored for reference. i'm not sure if the readers at parts stores can access code history, or codes that were set but not active. A dealer's scanner can see what's been set and cleared though. With 80K on the clock, is there still a warranty? You may not have to a diagnostic fee or 1 hour shop labor for the dealer to read the system if there's still a warranty (depending on when in 08 or 09 it was bought, there might still be some of the 5yr left too?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.