Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a triple dog downloader for my truck and I have been having some problems with the downloader deleting some things in the ECM and causing the ABS and Engine lights to come on in the dash. Also my speedo and cruise quit working. I have tried clearing the codes but they come back almost as fast as I cleared them. I talked to a guy at a local race track yesterday and he said he quit using this downloader for this exact reason. Anyone using the triple dog have any problems like this?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I talked to Scott Gordon at Bully Dog today and he couldn't have been more helpful. Turns out the problem was with the calibration of tire size adjustment that was off a bit and it was a simple program issue. He sent over a new program for my downloader and and that fixed the problem. As far as the truck being stacked, I don't use them both at the same time. Most of the time I just run around with the PowerPuck and when I do I set the downloader back to stock. I find that I actually get better mileage with the PowerPuck than I do with the TD.

I am also starting to hear a few more people talking about the TD damaging the ECM in their trucks. I am hoping that I am not going to have any more problems in the future but then again you never know. I did buy it new and I have only been using it for a little while. I started off with just the puck and later decided that it wasn't enough so I bought the TD.

Anyways thanks for all of your suggestions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts