Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 68RFE rebuilt, stage 2, billet stuff etc. I'm in the break-in process right now with 150 of 1000 miles on it. At idle in P or N and under no load during decel or costing it rattles. Under throttle or sitting at stop in gear it doesn't make a peep. I have trans tuning. Talking to the shop they say it's the new torque converter and that they naturally rattle like that.

I've also noted a weird rattle that is similar at 1250 RPM with light throttle regardless of gear or speed.

Anyone else have a noisy torque converter? Is this just my life now?

The converter is from DPC.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a suncoast triple disc in my 14 and have no rattle whatsoever. Back in 2010 I had an Ats triple disc that rattled in my 08 and it never stopped regardless of mile/break in.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
Triple disk, NO rattle

·
Registered
250 Posts
The shop is stupid. Check your TC to flexplate bolts. Did they even replace the flexplate? Original one could be cracked.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shop is stupid. Check your TC to flexplate bolts. Did they even replace the flexplate? Original one could be cracked.
The flex plate was replaced with a billet one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Double check that it is tight to the flywheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts