Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share my recent code since I couldn't find it on a search here. Here's how it reads on my invoice: P2264 - TURBO BOOST MECHANICAL PERFORM DIAG AND INSPECTION, P2264 TURBO BOOST MECHANICAL. FLASH PCM AND CCN MODULE AND CLEAR CODES. PERFORM DPF REGEN AND DRIVE WITH EXHAUST BRAKE ON TO CLEAN TURBO SLIDER RING.

Now they only drove the truck 10 miles so it must have been a passive regen. Interestingly, I always have my exhaust brake on from the time I start the truck until I turn it off, period so I'm not sure why the turbo ring needed cleaning.

I'm guessing I got the flash, but I'm suspect of everything else besides just the clearing of the code (which I could not get to appear on the dash). We'll see. But I'm sure they did the regen because when I went in, the overhead said 18.2 mpg and when I picked it up it was at 14.4!

The only thing I will admit to having done different over the last two tanks of gas was to drive slower (cutting back to rarely over 65 on the highway) and trying to keep the rpms down everywhere else. I used to keep the rpms up around 1800 but I noticed I got almost 2 mpg better by feather footing it and keeping the rpms down. I figured it was the only way for me to stick it back to the oil companies.

Maybe I'll go back to my old way of driving where I seemed to keep more heat in the system. Who knows?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I bet you get a new turbo before very long. There have been some reports that driving slower, like 50-60, actually does a better job of allowing the regeneration process to succeed.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's interesting that I can't hear the turbo whine now as much as I could before. The service adviser had mentioned something about an overboost issue when I originally set up the appointment.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, just 30 miles down the road the CEL came back on.

Back to the dealer. Looks like those guys have job security at least for awhile. Until the rest of us get sick of this, get rid of them and don't buy the brand again.

Man, I love the truck, but I dumped a Powerstroke for this. At least the Powerstroke waited until 85K to start having problems.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
you are getting a new turbo, welcome to the club

i found out the other day, if you leave the positive terminal loose on the driver side battery you will get the code P063, VIN not programmed into the PCM.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Well, just 30 miles down the road the CEL came back on.

Back to the dealer. Looks like those guys have job security at least for awhile. Until the rest of us get sick of this, get rid of them and don't buy the brand again.

Man, I love the truck, but I dumped a Powerstroke for this. At least the Powerstroke waited until 85K to start having problems.
just by a used one, DC can not make any money on the used trucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts