Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dpf

Hey,

I'm just new here and I've bought my first Diesel 1 year ago, 2010 2500 Crew cab 4x4 Laramie. I was recently talking with the service guy at the dealer where I purchased the truck and inquired about the Dpf delete kit. He said he would install everything I need for the truck that should increase my mileage by ~4mpg and will not affect my warranty at all!!!! But the thing is it cost's $3500 Canadian. Is this really worth the cash??
:confused013::banghead::doh:

Cheers,

·
Registered
65 Posts
A couple of things I didn't see listed here that I thought would be helpful for new owners/members.

Cabin Air Filter Mod - easily searchable and a $40 DIY'er that takes 15 minutes
Fumoto Oil Drain - again, searchable
Resource for OEM parts - Pollard Mopar Parts
VIN specific recalls - Dodge Vehicles | Build your own Crossover, SUV, Car, or Minivan | Dodge and then click owners link

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok...so what are the max tires sizes vs lift sizes. I am running a reverse leveling system on a 2500 and want about a 35" tire. What gives? pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
re tire sizes

I have a 2010 mega 3500 srw. 4" lift and 35"s. The lift gives enough room for the tires but not enough room for mud flaps. I put a set of bushwackers on to combat the spray. there is no rubbing in the wheel wells. if i was to do it again i would do a 6" long arm. the long arm looks better and you can put 37's on when your 35's start looking small. hope that helps

·
Registered
95 Posts
So does anybody know how to reset the oil change required message?? Is it the same procedure as the perform service message reset??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resetting the Oil change message. 1. Turn key without starting engine. 2. Slowly press gas pedal three times all the way to the floor. 3. Done!!! If it didn't work do it again but press gas pedal slower or all of the way.

·
Registered
343 Posts
a few items:
- How do you get the bright lights brighter and looking farther out?
- can the high beams and the fog lights be turned on at the same time?
- the in-dash computer displays everything (tire pressure, trans temp, oil temp, etc.) can it be modified to also read EGT?

Tim
2010 K2500 crew cab laramie.

Reactions: HCF

·
Registered
338 Posts
Benifits of doing a exhaust filter delete are-

#1.Oil dilution will be 0% since there is no regening now
#2.Truck now has one less thing system to fail
#3.Enigine will run cooler
#4.Truck sounds much better
#5.Milage increses up to 4mpg
#6.When used with a H&S you get more power

Benifits of EGR system delete

#1.Cleans up engine compartment
#2.No more contaminated oil
#3.Risk of a cooler blow out are no more.
#4.Now have the ability to run a wastgate kit if needed

Egts will get lower as the more parts you add. The 6.7 heats up fast EGT wise this is because of all the restritons cummins used to keep the engine hot. Adding a new airhorn with throttle valve delete will help along with a gridheater delete. Adding a bigger intercooler to it will help cause the stocker is SMALL. Stock VGT turbo is trash i wouldnt ever run that as my high psi twin. If running a twin setup just going with a setup not using the stock turbo. I also cant stress enough how much the 6.7 loves air. If you plan on running a better fuel system someday and making big hp take care of the air issues frist. The 6.7 cant handle heat like the old 5.9s could it just jumps upthere too fast. Running a snow system will help alot too. Alsodont forget to upgrade your trans and clutch if running the g56. Keep in mind g56 useers that heavy duty shafts are a good idea and rec doing them when your do a new clutch i rec a SBC.

Good day everyone,

I hope I am approaching this correctly. I am new to the forum and especially new to diesel and Ram trucks. I am however not new to modifying cars and trucks. I am interested in the deletion of the EGR and Dpf. When something is deleted, one must replace it with something different:

The EGR being deleted, I can only imagine the old EGR valve on ICE. Just make or buy a blank off plate and install. How's that work with this trucks? I have a 2012 3500 Ram Laramie, I am not concern about the warranty, just enhance the performance (water injection and hydrogen on demand syste are being made).

Then the DPF; It looks like another Cat. When deleted, is it being replaced by another big pipe. I have access to a large selection of pipes and can weld okay and fabricate the flange if need be. Is there a company out there that supply a kit of some sort? thank you and my apologies for the many questions.

Ben

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Good day everyone,

I hope I am approaching this correctly. I am new to the forum and especially new to diesel and Ram trucks. I am however not new to modifying cars and trucks. I am interested in the deletion of the EGR and Dpf. When something is deleted, one must replace it with something different:

The EGR being deleted, I can only imagine the old EGR valve on ICE. Just make or buy a blank off plate and install. How's that work with this trucks? I have a 2012 3500 Ram Laramie, I am not concern about the warranty, just enhance the performance (water injection and hydrogen on demand syste are being made).

Then the DPF; It looks like another Cat. When deleted, is it being replaced by another big pipe. I have access to a large selection of pipes and can weld okay and fabricate the flange if need be. Is there a company out there that supply a kit of some sort? thank you and my apologies for the many questions.

Ben
The EGR is replaced with a plate but you must runs tuner or you will have a check engine light.... The DPF is just replaced by a straight pipe and the cat is replaced by a different bent pipe off the turbo... There are tons of posts on here on the subject. You can find a list of parts needed and places to get them to delete/tune here:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-general-discussion/438596-2010-2012-6-7l-service-data-part-s.html

go down to the PERFORMANCE PARTS, TUNERS AND DELETES Section.

I did a full write up as I modified mine that may help you. you can also see tons of pictures of how all the parts look pre, during and post install...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-general-discussion/439869-sneak-peak-h-s-w-picts.html

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me... BTW what part of MD you from? I was born in Hyattsville/College Park, grew up in Catonsville and worked in Bladensburge. My dad lives on the eastern shore in Cordova and mom in Edgewater. I spent my first 18 years all over MD...lol. Since I joined the Army I've been all over the place but not anywhere close yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

What is the best way to have the fog lights stay on with the high-beams? I saw the question asked on this thread but still no answers. Winter solstace today and these rams really need the extra lighting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Wife's mad I spend $$$$$$
1,626 Posts
I use the H&S Black Maxx to allow me to do it.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hey partner, I got you covered, already been there done that. One tip before i get into this, its cummins not cummings:doh: ha ha anyways. I did all of the deletes on my 2010 and they are awesome. didnt put a wastegate on mine instead went for a CCV kit from glacier diesel. Rich over there has some of the best parts for cummins i have seen on the market and at good prices too. I would say just stick with the ccv kit. The wastegate is an ok concept for aftermarket turbos and injectors but doesnt really do a darn thing unless you got the sled behind you.:thumbsup: Good luck pm me if you have any other questions
Just an FYI a wastegate is an awesome idea REGARDLESS of aftermarket turbo/injectors... actually Id be less inclined to put a wastegate on a truck with an aftermarket turbo due to the fact they flow more air than a factory VGT turbo and you will have reduced drive pressures so a wastegate is not as necessary as if it were in stock form.

Driving around stock on these trucks can even see drive pressures of 1.3
:1 Add a tuner into the mix and now you can see as high as 2:1 or even HIGHER

For anyone who doesnt know drive pressure is the amount of pressure between the cylinder head and the turbo caused by having too much exhaust gases that cant escape. This is caused by our factory VGT turbo's having a small opening for the gases to circulate through it.

Think of hooking a firehose up and then putting a regular hose up to the end of it, there is going to be an exorbitant amount of pressure in the garden hose and sooner or later something is going to give... and 99% of the time it's your headgasket.

whenever adding a tuner to a truck I think it's always cheap insurance to add a wastegate.

Avg Wastegate kit - 600$
Avg Headgasket Replacement -1000$+

theres some food for thought :)

The first things I'm doing to my 2011 are Deletes, H&S Minimaxx and last but not least Black ops Wastegate.

And CCV kit has nothing to do with drive pressures, its related to oil circulation, not drive pressures

·
Registered
12 Posts
just a quick note on the headlight removal. The nut & retainer inside the fender opening doesn't actually have to be removed. The tab just slides up. Pretty quick removal actually.

Reactions: gerrypenney1

·
Wife's mad I spend $$$$$$
1,626 Posts
Not really, but it couldn't hurt. Would be easier on the head gasket I would think.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think a waste gate is needed with even mild tunes, after all I toasted a HG with just the BullyDog PMT on my last truck just running around town.

·
Registered
5 Posts
better mpg?

i have a 2011 3500 cab and chassis with a recovery solutions wrecker bed on it. does anyone know how I can increase my MPGs? currently i get between 13 and 14 mpg.

Reactions: jcbragg17
41 - 60 of 187 Posts