21 - 40 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Put the dang thing back in when you take it to dealer (takes 2 min) :doh:
Well I guess I dont know where the exhaust filter is then. I thought it was one of the big canisters on the exhaust pipe. Where is the filter at?:confused013:

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
So..any thoughts? :popcorn:
This is a very iffy subject. If you take it in for a bad water pump fan or something like that no. Take it in for something like a melted piston or broke rod thatll throw a redflag

·
Wife's mad I spend $$$$$$
1,626 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the fog lights 9145 is the same as H10? I have been having a PITA trying to find 9145's but if they are the same as the H10's then I will be very happy as they are in every part store around here.
Looks like it is, I did a quick google search.

Quote from this site: Product

"9145/H10 12V 42W Crystal White fog light bulbs. Same as 9140 and 9155, they all have the same PY20D base, the difference between these bulbs are the wattage they draw - 9140 is 40W, 9145 is 45W and the 9155 is 55W. Please click here for Lapis Blue color. "

·
Registered
8 Posts
perform service

Perform service is a egr maintenance message to turn it off turn key on step on brake 2 times and fuel 2 times then off.

You will get this message ever 67,500 miles and it is a reminder to replace the crank case breather filter.

Crank Case Vent filter part # CV5200100 (Cummins)
I tried this on my truck and it hasn't gone away? I just turned 42,000 miles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I tried this on my truck and it hasn't gone away? I just turned 42,000 miles.
Ok, i may be able to help. i tried to do the step on the brake two times thing and it didnt work for me because its all about the timing you really have to be patient and go slow make sure you firmly press it all the way to the floor, all the way down and all the way up in one slow fluid motion. I tried just pressing it two times fast and the guy at the dealership told me about this. So do exactly what you were doing just take your time at it. down,one two, up one two. It may take a few trys but it should work. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also i was told only to do the brake two times not the gas so maybe try that too, sorry i cannot remeber what he told me exactly but i know the timing stuff i mentioned in the previous post is correct.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a 2010 Dodge Cummins 3500 dually truck. Does anyone out there know why the oil gets black after just a few miles? Does this damage the life of the engine? I had a 2003 2500 Dodge diesel and the oil stayed clean for quite a few miles just like in a gas engine.

Richard
Your oil is getting blacker sooner due to Dodges use of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) to reduce "carbon" (soot) emmissions to legislated levels for passenger vehicles.

The EGR system directly takes exhaust gases and soot and reroute it directly into the intake manifold/horn of newer trucks.
This system also incorporates a DPF (diesel particulate filter) in the exhaust system after the turbo. The system also requires a periodic (computer controled) "regeneration" cycle that injects raw fuel into the exhaust to burn off the collected soot in the filter. Totally automated.

Not a great setup, but necessary to retain for warranty coverage,and meet emmisions standards without the use of DEF (diesel exhaust fluid).

There are numerous EGR "delete" kits available and DPF delete exhaust systems, but the use of these kits generally requires the use of an aftermarket programmer capable of clearing DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes). And the use of a programmer (according to MOST dealerships) will land you in a "restricted warranty".

The soot blackening the oil sooner will not drastically impede the oil performance as long as it is changed regularly and a quality oil filter is used.

Welcome to the forums and feel free to give the search option a try in the top right under "search this forum" to try to find out any more opinions and detailed information regarding your concern.

Hope this was helpful

Dmn Dvo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Doesnt any one know how to remove these 2010 rear lights without breaking tabs off?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doesnt any one know how to remove these 2010 rear lights without breaking tabs off?
I am sorry dont really know, if i had any advice i would call recon lights and ask them, they sold me my projector front lamps and seemed to be very knowledgable as far as it comes to lights, if you have any luck let me know i am interested myself.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I wanted to link a good how-to thread on changing your oil from a while back:

2010/2011 Oil Change How-To Guide

It's pretty detailed and should help guys doing it for the first time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tech tips question

Well there are 4 things to do starting with the easiest first.

#1. Intake baffle located in between turbo and airbox. Take it out w/ no CEL and a little louder turbo
#2. Send the turbo compressor housing out to WCC and have them machine the inducer ring some.(DO NOT REMOVE)$75
#3. Buy a S&B intake although the WCC mod adds louder results but works best when used with the intake 289.00
#4. Buy a regular turbo such as a silver 66. Exhaust will be louder and the turbo will scream!!!!
Could you define CEL. How is this baffle installed and could you help with the ways to remove it.. Also, what about this warranty stuff, will it affect it once that is removed. Thanks

2010 3500 6.7 oil maker :shock: :hehe:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Could you define CEL. How is this baffle installed and could you help with the ways to remove it.. Also, what about this warranty stuff, will it affect it once that is removed. Thanks

CEL stands for Check Engine Light.

The baffle is simply slid down into the intake tube from the factory. To remove it just pull the intake tube off, unbolt the band clamps, separate the tube from the airbox and and remove the baffle - you may have to pull pretty hard, as it's a very tight fit inside the tube, but IT WILL COME OUT. It took me all of 10 minutes to remove it, from finish to end.

Here is a picture of what the baffle will look like when looking down the intake tube:

As for warranty, it should not affect it at all, as the function of the baffle as I understand it is simply to quiet down the intake noise/whistle.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

CEL - Check Engine Light

To remove the intake baffle all you need is either a 8mm nut driver or a flat tip screw driver and about 5 mins.

First loosen the hose clamp attached to the factory air box. Then the next one on the intake tube towards the rear of the vehicle.

Then remove the section of hose directly behind the air box. Once this hose is off you will see a large piece of plastic inside the intake tube. Simply lift it out. You may notice slightly more turbo noise and a slightly better throttle response due to the reduced restriction.

The intake baffle is the piece sitting on top of my engine. with the greenish foam. Removed long ago.

It just pulls out of the intake tube. It is very easy to remove/

·
Registered
60 Posts
All right folks, my turn to chime in and hopefully I can help some of yall out. I pulled all my bulbs, did some research, and ordered everything from Superbrightleds.com. I did the map lights (WLED-x5), upper glove box (WLED-x5), the vanity mirrors (74-x), and the rear dome light (4410-x9). All in natural white or cool white. Total cost with freight was 28.17 for all 8 bulbs and I got them in less than a week. Installation took all of 30 minutes, which included entertaining the 4 year old the whole time. There is no flicker, all bulbs work great. There is even the dim feature still. I've included some pictures to help.

In this picture you can see how I popped off the lense on the map light. A pair of needle nose pliers with electrical tape wrapped around works great.

The vanity lights lenses just pop off with a small screwdriver and again your needle nose come in great hand...

The rear dome light pops off on the right hand side and the festoon bulb just pops in

Hardest light off them all. The easiest way is to remove glovebox and remove the upper glove box. There is one screw above the airbox and then just gently pry the box out from underneath. You can get to the bulb through the box, but if you drop it it can disapear into oblivian (ask how I know). Again, needle nose...

You can see the screw that needs removed to get the top box out, it's 5/16" nutdriver. Look at the label on the airbox, move up until you see some silver metal with a round black spot, that's the screw.

Ok... That should do it.

Materials:
3 - WLED-x5 (194 replacement)
4 - 74-x wedge bulbs
1 - 4410-x9 festoon bulb

Tools Needed:
1 - Small flat tip screwdriver
1 - Needle Nose Pliers with the tips wrapped in electrical tape
1 - 5/16th Nut Driver

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site not sure in right spot? But I have 2010 Cummings I just bought kit with all deletes cat dpf and egr after listing to couple guys I know I now nervous bout the egr. Do I need a waste gate?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey partner, I got you covered, already been there done that. One tip before i get into this, its cummins not cummings:doh: ha ha anyways. I did all of the deletes on my 2010 and they are awesome. didnt put a wastegate on mine instead went for a CCV kit from glacier diesel. Rich over there has some of the best parts for cummins i have seen on the market and at good prices too. I would say just stick with the ccv kit. The wastegate is an ok concept for aftermarket turbos and injectors but doesnt really do a darn thing unless you got the sled behind you.:thumbsup: Good luck pm me if you have any other questions

21 - 40 of 185 Posts