Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
So back to removing the baffle thing .... guys that have removed it only .., did you notice any Turbo sound increase ? Any positive or negative effects on gas mileage or performance? Thanks COLD here in NC Today burrrrrr
So does this mean there is no benefit to removing the baffle other than hearing more turbo sound?

·
Registered
768 Posts
So does this mean there is no benefit to removing the baffle other than hearing more turbo sound?
There is one benefit besides the sound of turbo when the foam disintegrates it wont go in turbo other then that that's it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Have only had my 2500 for less than two months, just love it ( vast improvement over the '06 F-250 I had) but i just had a code show up, U059F. "Invalid Data Received From NOX Sensor B" is what it translate to, but not sure exactly what that means. Any suggestions?
Time to change the sensor now. It is the rear sensor on the DPF and easy to swap out. Found one online on Amazon for 300 back in March. Do it now as they sell fast.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dont you have to use a HOAT type coolant like Zerex G-05? Its based on ethylene glycol.

Valvoline.com > Products > Zerex > Antifreeze Zerex > Zerex G-05® Antifreeze / Coolant
is
Coolant
My 3rd Gen 2006 5.9l used Zerex G-05 coolant. (HOAT)
My 4th Gen 2013 6.7l uses this coolant (OAT)
68163848ab concentrate MOPAR
Direct quote from 2013 RAM Owners Manual:
Please review these recommendations for using Organic Additive Technology (OAT) engine coolant (antifreeze) that meets the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS.90032. When adding engine coolant (antifreeze):
• We recommend using MOPAR® Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula OAT (Organic Additive Technology) that meets the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS.90032.

• Mix a minimum solution of 50% OAT engine coolant that meets the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS.90032 and distilled water. Use higher concentrations (not to exceed 70%) if temperatures below −34° F(−37° C) are anticipated.
• Use only high purity water such as distilled or deionized water when mixing the water/engine coolant (antifreeze) solution. The use of lower quality water
will reduce the amount of corrosion protection in the engine cooling system."

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is Rotella still the oil of choice for the 6.7?
Rotella is the RAM specified oil for a 6.7l 4th Gen Cummins. What you use after warranty runs out is up to you. FYI: I just sold my 2006 3rd Gen 5.9l with 236000 miles that got fed nothing but Valvoline 15-40W Blue. That product still has the "Endorsed and Recommended By Cummins Inc" on the label. So does Valvoline 5-40w Extreme Blue (Synthetic)

181 - 187 of 187 Posts