Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok this is probably only new to me but I thought it was cool and with prices where they are every lil bit helps.

So when your done pumping how much you wanna pay for, reach up under where the nozzel sets in and hold down the big metal tab that shuts off the pump. Then sqeeze the trigger to release whats still in the hose that YOU are paying for but never get. Its not much but it helps!:beer

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
hell I thought everyone did that!
Just look at the fuel on the handle all the time.:w:

It seems that very time I go to the pump nobody does it.:T:

Instead they get it every where. :thud:

·
Registered
867 Posts
first lve heard of that...imagine the hose can hold a liter/quart easy

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have heard of it, but didn't know exactly how it was done. I'll try it next time I fill up, which hopefully won't be for a while. I just spent $108 of fuel tonight at $3.95 a gallon which is the cheapest around here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The next guy is going to pay to fill the hose. So you are not getting over on the man, your getting over on the next guy. Which is great unless your the next guy. Karma is a b*tch.:thud::thud:

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
your not really paying for the fuel in the hose because you got what the last guy left in there. i agree: Karma is a b*tch

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just paid 4.52 and thats the lowest I've seen around here as of lately.
:CRY:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yea, that whole karma thing. Not worth it for what 12oz. of fuel?

·
Registered
585 Posts
4.52 is not bad, concidering here in edmonton alberta ( OIL COUNTRY ) go figure, were paying 1.27 a leter.. so x that by 4 thats what we pay a gal... 5.08. and we can basicly drill a hole in the ground and get oil here. its bulls*it, now gas here is cheeper than diesel.. 6 months ago diesel was 97.5 and gas was 107.5 now its the other way. supply and demand i guess..

·
Registered
144 Posts
4.19 and 4.17 here.Yote

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
$3.99 is cheapest diesel around here I've seen.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahahahahaha KHARMA? you have got to be kidding me! ok with ppl maybe, you treat them good they will most likely do the same, but a gas pump???
c'mon guys there is no mystic power keeping the universe in balance. if there was then how do you explain bill gates? or more on topic.....Exxon CEO's?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am all for the eye for an eye stuff. I am not expecting that the $%#$%%^ at the executive level of Chevron are suddenly going to see the error in their ways because I am doing the right thing. I am just saying making the next hard working blue collar guy like me pay to fill the hose I emptied is :rant: :w:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
but see your looking at it wrong,its the gas left in the hose when your done that "you" actually paid for. the pump doesnt add on cost for whats in it when you start pumping.

think of it like this, if you go to a car wash and the guy in front of you finishes with some time left that he paid for, do you sit there and wait for it to stop? no you pull in and milk it.

so if at the pump the previous customer doesnt drain the hose.....why not use it?

·
Horseback Recluse
691 Posts
I drain the sumbuck before and after I pump! Since karma doesn't exist I don't worry about it but I do do unto others. Speaking of the car wash example I have more times than I can count told the person behind me that there's still time left and to hurry and get in so they don't have to dump money in to get it started. And before anyone gets on me about cheating the owner he knows about it already :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts