Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having problems with the transmission jumping out of overdrive at low RPM and then pops right back in as I accelerate . there are no codes and trans fluid is not burnt. Any help would be appreciated.
2001 ram 4x4, 5” exhaust, max tuner

· Registered
185 Posts
check filter and do you drive everywhere with overdrive on below 45mph? if so bad idea dont put over drive on til 45 and it should stay in gear unless you accelerrate hard and it downshifts

· Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Explain a little better please. Are you moving the throttle ever so slightly when this happens?
There has been issues with electrical interference from alternator in the 45-60 MPH range. Disconnect the alternator small wires and see if problem continues. (you will get a fault code for doing this) The fix would be shield the rfi noise with a condenser and shielding wire.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does not do it all the time, i have not flushed the trans in a while though. it only does it when i lite foot it or just taking it easy. usualy will do it just after it shifts in to OD between 45 and 50 mph at low rpms, doesnt seem to slip just pop out for a breaf second, rpms will flair about a 100 or so. if i give it good pedal, (not floored) it shifts just fine i have read some threads that suggest tsp/apps. just trying to find a good place to start looking for the problem.
thanks all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.