Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of transmissions are my fellow WV peeps running?

sorry I haven't been around, first year heating the house with firewood so I have been busy

see my thread in the 03/04 section:doh:

·
Registered
194 Posts
i had my buddy rebuild mine with a billet single disc, shift kit, billet servos, and a suncoast rebuild along with all the wear parts. for what i do with it my trans is almost overkill but better safe than sorry

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i had my buddy rebuild mine with a billet single disc, shift kit, billet servos, and a suncoast rebuild along with all the wear parts. for what i do with it my trans is almost overkill but better safe than sorry
I think I am going the same route. I am thinking of going for an ultimate transmissions kit with maybe a goerend valve body and converte. I am also going billet input and output and having my guy rebuild it (as long as I have a good core). This way I know it will be done right and I will have the same money into it then I would if I went with an ATS stage 1.

who cares about a 5yr-500k warranty when you have to take it out and put a new one in every 18months.:confused013:

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
who cares about a 5yr-500k warranty when you have to take it out and put a new one in every 18months.:confused013:
Do what?? what in the world are you talkin about ?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do what?? what in the world are you talkin about ?
ahhh, ATS Diesel offers a 5 year 500,000 mile warranty on their rebuilt 48re transmissions. The one (ATS) I would require for both performance (future mods) and ultime long term reliability will be in the ~$5200 range. I figure for ~$4000.00 or most likely less I will have the "ultimate transmission" for my needs. Do your searches and research. ATS transmissions are a hit or miss situation at best. When it fails you send it back and they send you a new one.:confused013:

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
ahhh, ATS Diesel offers a 5 year 500,000 mile warranty on their rebuilt 48re transmissions. The one (ATS) I would require for both performance (future mods) and ultime long term reliability will be in the ~$5200 range. I figure for ~$4000.00 or most likely less I will have the "ultimate transmission" for my needs. Do your searches and research. ATS transmissions are a hit or miss situation at best. When it fails you send it back and they send you a new one.:confused013:
They dont seem cheap I am looking else where.I do remember seeing a thread about ats trans now tho :doh:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the report came in yesterday. I snapped my input shaft and the broken piece wedged itself into the spines on the converter thus locking everything up (Ihope the converter core is good).

With a good core my guy said he wants to build me a transmission. I am trying to decide which kit to go with.

I will ask him if he could email me pictures of the carnage

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
We need pictures for sure, hope the rebuild goes well for you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We need pictures for sure, hope the rebuild goes well for you.
I'll see what I can do about pics

I am thinking goerend since he flows his valve bodies so you don't need the gm solenoid is what I read on here.

but maybe suncoast

BTW when we removed the carnage the engine fired up and purrrred!!!!

I am also getting an all new cooler and lines to make sure my new transmission is debris free

·
Registered
220 Posts
NV5600 6spd:woohoo::banana2::party018: love it but there are times i wish i had an automatic.
good luck with the build:thumbsup:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NV5600 6spd:woohoo::banana2::party018: love it but there are times i wish i had an automatic.
good luck with the build:thumbsup:
yep I agree...my 2000 F350 was a 6spd and I really miss that handshaker. However the wife put me in a moment of weakness and I bought an auto so she could drive it.:doh:

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
You will love your built trans once done. I love(d) mine until this week, I lost lock up for the past 700 miles. Sucks. Not a solenoid either, changed it in the parking lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts