Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I broke a input shaft early this morning on the interstate and now shes getting a rebuild. Im having a flexplate, billet input, and a triple disc converter put in it. It already has a good valve body in it. That alone should hold plenty of power shouldnt it? est hp number? Its going to have a Daaco low stall tc

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Well, at least the input shaft will hold more than it used to. I see you're using a Sonnax shaft. That's a good shaft. I use them frequently. I've never used a Dacco converter, so I can't speak to their performance.

But, there are a TON of other factors in there that play a big role in how much power the thing will hang onto in the end. What is the clutch count? Type of clutches used? Type of band? Band lever/strut/anchor? Line pressure curve? Cooling/lube mods?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Give Frank and revmax a call, youll get everything you want to have a great rebuild.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Give Frank and revmax a call, youll get everything you want to have a great rebuild.
Revmax is good for cheap stuff. Low budget tranny upgrades that is good for the money. For example, I had a Revmax stage 3 low stall rated for 850 ft-lbs. There was nooooo way I wouldve put that kind of power to it. Top it off, I think I discovered today that a Revmax valve body is nothing more than a valve body with a transgo kit.
Ask Dynamic what he thinks about revmax.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy here local is a big time sled puller and he has his automatic trucks pushing 1200hp+ and he uses that sonnax shaft and its been in it for 5 years now and no problems lol so I say its a very good one. He is going to look through the trans but its going to keep stock clutches, levers, and everything else. Im not going for big power just a good powerful DD around 450-500hp. NO 4WD launches at all.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
I would suggest to add he extra clutches to match everything else. Just a bit more money, but worth it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I always recommend adding a disc to the forward, direct and OD brake stacks behind the Cummins. If he has the equipment to do the machine work, I'd highly recommend it.

I'd also recommend a Raybestos Pro Series band, billet servo cover, billet accumulator piston and billet L/R servo piston.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to get all of that and yes he has the machine to do it but Im 19 and currently in diesel schooling. The input actually broke going down the interstate heading to school Thursday. I know the saying fix it right the first time, but he is already working with me and said if I have any problems to just bring it back to him and he'd take care of it. Im just needing something to hold my current setup until I graduate and start making money to go top notch...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Revmax is good for cheap stuff. Low budget tranny upgrades that is good for the money. For example, I had a Revmax stage 3 low stall rated for 850 ft-lbs. There was nooooo way I wouldve put that kind of power to it. Top it off, I think I discovered today that a Revmax valve body is nothing more than a valve body with a transgo kit.
Ask Dynamic what he thinks about revmax.
Either why bootstrap Frank does a great job on his work. Youll find out that most VB's are just shift kits added, But he does dyno the VB's in his shop atleast. Im in favor of Revmax because that is were i spent my money, I sure there are other options just as good if not better. You're right they are bad for the price.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
...You'll find out that most VB's are just shift kits added...
Not a good one...!

And for the record, I don't have anything against Revmax as a company. I have just found, over the course of decades of building transmissions, that the products that people tend to be buying from them are not as good as others that are on the market. That's all..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not mutch luck with daaco converters with more tan 100 hp add on

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not mutch luck with daaco converters with more tan 100 hp add on
Is that the triple disc? Someone said they put something steel now inside of the tc build instead of what they use to. Its for the better whatever it is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Deff put billet anchor, lever and strut!! I broke my lever with what's in my Sig...not 500 horses. You would snap one eventually with abuse! Dynamic hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Deff put billet anchor, lever and strut!! I broke my lever with what's in my Sig...not 500 horses. You would snap one eventually with abuse! Dynamic hit the nail on the head.
I believe the guy already has my trans built already. I have never messed with a transmission before, but if these break will it junk my whole trans? The only thing I have done with a trans before is drop the pan and thats nothing. If these break, can I replace these without dropping the transmission out and tearing it apart?

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
For he who thinks RevMax VB is nothing more than a Transgo shift kit. Where does "stuff" like this get started. Does someone get paid to throw negatives and untruths like this out???

Reactions: revmax

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe the guy already has my trans built already. I have never messed with a transmission before, but if these break will it junk my whole trans? The only thing I have done with a trans before is drop the pan and thats nothing. If these break, can I replace these without dropping the transmission out and tearing it apart?
With the 2nd gear apply lever you would have to drop the trans and pull the torque converter and the strut and lever should fall into the pan and the anchor should hold the band. (Maybe)The anchor could let the front band rub the drum and ruin the band and drum but if you have them all billet you would have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With the 2nd gear apply lever you would have to drop the trans and pull the torque converter and the strut and lever should fall into the pan and the anchor should hold the band. (Maybe)The anchor could let the front band rub the drum and ruin the band and drum but if you have them all billet you would have to worry about it.
Crap. Hopefully since I don't do 4wd launches, drag race, or sled pull it won't break them. I like to get on it through town and stuff sometimes, I really don't even do burnouts anymore. Hopefully getting on it every once in a while won't put a ton of strain and break them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I broke mine not two weeks after I bought my truck so the guy before me had been abusing it most likely. I was stopped and put it to the floor, when it hit second it broke. It's from first to second shifts that will snap it. I'm sure a lot of people never have a problem, just my luck I guess. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I'm going to get on it, I usually wont do it until I'm in second going to third gear. I ran the dog guts out of my truck when I was a senior and for the past three years. I pray to god that this one does go or give me any problem...at least until I'm out of college May 2015

1 - 19 of 19 Posts