Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Transmission trouble

647 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cumminscanuck 
#1 ·
I need some advice on tracking down a transmission ( a PDR stage 1 47RE) problem please guys. My truck will not lock up in O/D unless I lift off the throttle and sometimes, it takes several attempts before it finally locks. I changed the oil (ATF+4) and filter but this did not affect the problem. Occasionally I also experience a reluctance for "D" and "R" to engage when starting off. When the truck is running there is NO slippage in the system and the temps are normal even towing a heavy load. This problem has only just started so, where do I start looking?

#2 ·
Have you done anything to the truck lately? (adjusted apps or throttle cable) If I remember correctly, the PCM controls torque converter lock up, using the speed sensor and apps signal. Make sure your apps is within range on back of unit, and your throttle cable to the tranny is adjusted properly.

#3 ·
I have just replaced the VP44 and had to move the APPS but did not disconnect any part of it. Could this have caused the problem do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.