Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

transmission trouble,,,, wtf

674 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  colt6208
i have a 1999 2500 4x4, rebuilt trans last friday, ats converter, ats valve body, co-pilot, royal purple, ALL NEW SOLENOIDS, was coming off highway and converter stayed locked, killed the truck, had to neutral drop to get moving out of the intersection, if i put it in reverse it drives fine, would have just pulled over but had the boat hooked up, anyway if i put it in drive it will kill it, but goes fine in reverse, i would condem the converter but it works in reverse fine, WTF, tranny temp was at 160, unhooked co-pilot and connecters at tranny, any input, maybe the tcc solenoid stuck open?

any input is good input lets here what u got, thanks in advance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
Maybe there is a short in the wiring that is grounding the TC lockup wire?? Could also be a solenoid sticking...

Did you call ATS for help?

· ATS Diesel Performance
280 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up Duke! Sorry I couldn't post sooner, left for Kentucky mid-Thursday & was gone all day Friday.

Please give us a call, or better yet, PM me your phone number. The phones are slammed & I'm playing catch-up from the couple days out, so it'd be much quicker if I call you. I need to know everything you've tried, and we can get all the details I need much more quickly over the phone (not to mention pull up what we sent you without you giving your full name here).

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Suspect a fubar in area of input seals, pump, clutchs. Bad news on rebuild. Sorry.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok it goes again!!

Ok sorry I have not replied to every one, I pulled the. Valve body and put the stock one back on, works fine now the valve body was used but not that old, valves were clean and move freely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.