Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 6.7 Cummins 2500
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a weird sound under my truck when I put it in gear. There would be a rattling noise. I checked underneath and I saw that my exhaust is rubbing against my tranny. That lead me to look at the tranny more and see that the tranny wasn't level to the oil pan. Anyone know what happened? It's still shifts super smooth and runs normal. Just wondering what's going on. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Throw up some pictures. If something shifted with the trans should should be a le to tell by looking at the mount. Either be a gap or clean spot where it shifted from. Or does the engine look shifted to an angle?

·
Registered
2007 6.7 Cummins 2500
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throw up some pictures. If something shifted with the trans should should be a le to tell by looking at the mount. Either be a gap or clean spot where it shifted from. Or does the engine look shifted to an angle?
Sorry it took so long to get a picture but here you go. Let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
It looks like you truck is missing the exhaust hanger bracket that mounds to the bell housing. Hard to tell from tue pic, but you can barely see the edge of the bracket on mine. You can also see my bolt still installed in the hole. The stock cat has a hanger than braces it to the engine/trans. It’s Likely your aftermarket exhaust was poorly supported and eventually worked its way to a bad vibration. That’s my guess.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2007 6.7 Cummins 2500
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like you truck is missing the exhaust hanger bracket that mounds to the bell housing. Hard to tell from tue pic, but you can barely see the edge of the bracket on mine. You can also see my bolt still installed in the hole. The stock cat has a hanger than braces it to the engine/trans. It’s Likely your aftermarket exhaust was poorly supported and eventually worked its way to a bad vibration. That’s my guess.

View attachment 934482
Ok. Ya that makes sense. All the welds on my exhaust are really shitty. Thanks for giving me the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts