Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a new valve body and tc into my truck this summer and what im wondering is, can i do this with a couple of buddy's over a weekend and also what else will i need for the rebuild besides a filter and new gasket...

thanks...

ps the vb and tc will probably be coming from farmboys, becuase they gave me a pretty good price...and replied to me pretty fast...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well I wouldn't consider that a rebuild but if that is all you are doing it is very doable in a day/day and a half. The only special thing you might need is some torx bits. Also a tranny jack or else someone will get hurt.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
:agree2: Make sure you use a transmission jack and not an adapter gadget on a regular jack. All the transmission jack wheels swivel and the jack handle is easy to use with one hand. The lift platform also tilts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i will definatly be using a tranny jack, but i guess what i am asking is i have a transmission with 250,000 miles and no rebuilds as far as i know and i want to run around 450-500 hp should i do a full rebuild or will a new valve body and tc work fine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It depends how you drive, but if it were me i would certainly go with a full rebuild just for more reliability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts