Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 95 2500 12v and i know nothing about these trucks. The guy i bought the truck from said that it has some performance parts such as a custom fuel plate , larger inj, and lift pump. He also claims that it has a built tranny in it , with 500mi on it(i looked at the trans and it does appear to be new to the truck based on how clean it is). My question is if i let the truck go into od the converter seems to lockup and the truck makes 40psi and pulls pretty good. But if i start from a dead stop and get right into the throttle it pulls for a sec and then feels like it just stops making power and boost , this lasts for about 3to4 sec then it shifts to 2nd gear and seems to pull okay. If i just roll into the throttle in any gear it seems to pull and switch from gear to gear much better. It just seems to not like a quick wot. Is this normal or is there somehting wrong. Any advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
sounds like u may need to do a little adjusting on the pre boost screw to me doesnt really sound likea transmission problem. Does it black smoke a lot before it takes off?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like u may need to do a little adjusting on the pre boost screw to me doesnt really sound likea transmission problem. Does it black smoke a lot before it takes off?
No it doesnt smoke much at all

·
Registered
48 Posts
hmmm im not really sure then my dad has an 05 24 valve truck that was doing something similar to this and took it to a transmission shop and they tightened up the bands on the clutches and it fixed it could be your problem too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.