Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 with a built tranny, vb, billet triple disk tc, billet input ect....... when it is cool/cold out takes about 30 seconds for the transmission to engage unless the truck has been running for a minute also seems like 2nd is slipping on heavy acceleration. Transmission has a little over 50k since the rebuild. Fluid and filters been changed twice since rebuild. Question is, can this be as simple as a band adjustment or should i be concerned with possible bigger issues?

Thanks for any suggestions.

· Registered
1,884 Posts
It sounds like you have bigger issues going on. A band adjustment won't help you. Band adjustment is more often than not extremely misunderstood.

It sounds like you have your converter draining back, which is not a huge deal, but then it's not being refilled very quickly once you start the truck. It's anyone's guess as to what valve body mods were done to it, but that's where I'd look first.

One thing I would do is check line pressure when the truck is 'acting up'. Is line pressure low? That would be one set of things to go after. Is line pressure normal, but it's still 'slipping'? That would be something else entirely.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i am pretty sure it is more than a band adjustment a local guy told me it was possible that be the cause.

· Registered
397 Posts
Restricted cooler or failing check ball can cause this as well. A weak front pump can too. Id check fluid level and watch temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.