Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me figure out what's wrong with my trans., A518, it's been sitting for about two months and when I put it in drive it don't really do anything. I took it down my driveway and it's kind of acting like a stall convertor, when I put it on the floor it'll break the tires loose and if I cut it off and let it sit maybe 10 mins it'll be perfectly fine but when I first pull it out of the garage you have to put it on the floor to get it to move. It feels like the tq convertor is slipping really bad. Thanks in advance!

·
Playin with Coal
24 Posts
let it run for a min or two in neutral to warm up the tranny

·
Registered
314 Posts
yea u gotta let her run a little, it has to pump the trans fluid to the converter. i always let mine warm up before driveing her, plus being hard on it y its cold is not good for head gaskets

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
And check your fluid when it's in N not park

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I need to let it warm up, but it never did it before I parked it to paint it. While it parked we changed the trans. pan gasket and filter because the pan was leaking bad, but before that it would grab when I put it in D and almost lope at an idle.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already done that and it's full. Is the pump in the trans weak or gave out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts