Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im new to this so hear i go, i bought my first cummins about a week ago, it is a 2003 quad cab 4x4 auto, with 73,000 miles on it, when ever i drive it for a little while and i stop at the store or somthing, and i leave it running well when i drive off it dosent want to change gears very well it will tach almost up to 3000 rpm's befor it shifts. But when i turn the truck off and start it back up it does just fine, i mean you can hardly tell the thing shifts somtimes it is so smooth. I was just wondering of anyone could help me out on this or am i just being paranoid thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not a transmission guy but what auto trans do you have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm im not real sure how could i tell, like i said im kinda new to this, i do know it is just stock.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'd take it in for service, who knows when it has been done and maybe there are adjustments to make.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pretty sure you have the 48re. I'd drop the pan see what debris is in the pan and collected on the magnet and change the fluid and filter. If you still have the problem have it scanned for codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts