Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been saving a while for a transmission rebuild and im getting ready to do it in the next month or two. a local diesel performance shop quoted me $4200 and this was the description. billet torque converter,billet sonnax upgrades,high energy frictions,extra frictions in all clutchpacks,dunrite valve body upgrade and torque converter lock up. they say its good for up to 500rwhp im going to start with a edge juice w/attitude but i want to do a Bd or ps turbo and 100hp injector upgrade later on will this transmission be sufficient? it says nothing about flex plate or billet shafts do i need those to be upgraded as well? any comments are appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If it was me, I would also do the Billet input shaft. the last thing you want is to have to go back into it after you spend all that cash..:$:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response. any transmission experts that have any advice for me?

·
Banned
585 Posts
In November I just had a Suncoast trans, valve body, and triple disc installed. Came to $4600 for everything. They ran into a few issues so it was a little more than they thought. Love it, best upgrade to my truck, don't think anything is billet though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts