Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

transmission pans

511 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  patracy
just wondering what a good aftermarket pan is good? I use my truck for hauling and plowing, it has a 5 stage edge chip in it and when plowing my tranny temps get a little high. What do you think?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,368 Posts
well the tranny temps get high when you are plowing because you are puting a lot of strain on it. and if it is not built, it is more than likely slipping. and you shouldent plow with your box turned up that will just make it worse. and alnother reason it gets hot is because there is not a lot of air going across the cooler. usually you dont want the tranny to get higher than 200. or i should say that the people from dtt told me that they get worried when a tranny gets above 200. my tranny never get about 150 even when towing. it shifts hard and i really like it. if you dont have a tranny it will only be a matter of time till plowing and towing kills your stocker.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a Derale Transmission Pan when I upgrade mine. I'm not sure if they come painted or not. But I was talking to a fellow Cummins member and he cleaned his all up and painted it grey with rust paint. I think they would cool really nice since they have tubes running along the bottom that air can flow through. They also come standard with a drain plug as well and they aren't too expensive! JMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.