Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which line coming from the transmission is hot going towards the radiator and the cold coming the radiator to the transmission. I manage to locate the lines only need to find hot and cold.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
BUMP.........What kind of trany OIL does it hold????:thud:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP.........What kind of trany OIL does it hold????:thud:
What does that have to do with the cooler lines? I need to know which is hot/cold so I can install derale remote fan cooler
:confused:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The FWD one is the hot line.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FWD one is the hot line.

Thanks navydood, but excuse my stupidity. Would that be the one with the rubber hose or the solid metal line? I have tried to touch them to determine but that’s nearly impossible because of all the heat sorrounding the lines and transmission, and I do not want to buy a thermo sensor for a one time deal.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
FWD hose?

If it's anything like the older transmissions, the hot line is the one that comes right out above the shifter linkage, near the front of the transmission. Do they even use shifter linkages anymore?

The line with the thermal probe stuck in it is the hot line.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Begle1, l will take a look after work and report back to you. I did follow one line and it leads into a very thick metal case that is attached to the side of the block and from there to the radiator. Thanks for the visual aid to:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The one that leads to the heat exchanger on the side of the block is the hot line.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one that leads to the heat exchanger on the side of the block is the hot line.
Thank you sir :beer.....thats what I needed to know:woot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts