Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like this and i’ll be driveing 75 and it just revs up when it does it and i’ll pull over and turn it off, turn the key 3 times reads no codes, start it and it’ll drive normal again been doing it off and on for months any ideas?
E1286894-D12D-41BB-BF88-E9DD648206A2.jpeg

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
No codes on the ECM or no codes on the TCM? What your dash is doing looks like what others have described when there was a power issue where the TCM was randomly losing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like this and i’ll be driveing 75 and it just revs up when it does it and i’ll pull over and turn it off, turn the key 3 times reads no codes, start it and it’ll drive normal again been doing it off and on for months any ideas? View attachment 907982 View attachment 907982
No codes on the ECM or no codes on the TCM? What your dash is doing looks like what others have described when there was a power issue where the TCM was randomly losing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no codes

·
Registered
89 Posts
When my 08 went into limp mode it was because the VB was warn out and needed to be replaced. When the trans fluid would get to operating temp it would be thin enough to pass a valve that was supposed to be closed which would cause it to go into limp mode. It would take 3 or 4 times of this in a set period of time for it to actually throw a code. I replaced my VB with an updated one from Mopar (they changed the metals they use) and haven't had an issue since. I also added an aux trans cooler a few months after the VB which also helped to keep the temps down while towing and climbing hills on hot days.

Reactions: s10010001
1 - 4 of 4 Posts