Cummins Diesel Forum banner

transmission let go

5K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  revmax 
#1 ·
Popped really loud and coasted off the road. now just growling when in gear.
pulled it in neutral away from cattle trailer. aisin auto doesn't sound good. just put head gasket on,. exhaust brake wasn't functioning right now this.
I feel this is sums it up.:S:
eddie

#2 ·
Are you tuned, deleted and running on wild or something?
Or just a bad day at the office. Holy cow, not sounding good anyway a person can look at it.
Good luck

#7 ·
deleted and tuned xrt pro. don't know if i can find a dealer to repair under warranty. 4x4 so thinking it is the transfer case. C&c running performance and 5 timing. I don't abuse the truck as i have semi's for the really heavy stuff. I wasn;t even loaded very heavy and was flat ground. luckily i coasted off the road on t a gravel lot. brother in law brought his Chevy and hooked to the trailer. I keep you posted on the progress.

Eddie:banghead:

#8 ·
Sorry to hear this. Pay to play they say though, I'd just pay to have it fixed and maybe dial down the tune or have the trans fixed up. Good luck getting your rig whole again.

#9 ·
Sorry to hear I'm just waiting for my time....

#10 ·
Hey Eddie! Were you able to get it to a dealership yet and what did they say? I hope they are taking care of you. Did it turn out to be the xfer case? ...if not I noticed a recall for 2012s regarding a snap ring in the tranny. Seems like that could be it too if yours is a 12.

#12 ·
Way much on a stock motor and drive train with a heavy chassis like that.
Hence all the issues.

#13 ·
Finally got the time to get it apart. The transfer case is okay, the input shaft is twisted off in the torque converter. I just got it out sitting on the bench, will try to get apart this week. Is their any after market parts for this? Can i get parts anywhere but the dealer?
Eddie

#14 ·
Eddie, it's time to pay the piper and get ahold of Revmax. Lower your tune settings or expect head gasket next. Kudos for diggin in there yourself. Good luck with your repairs and thanx for returning to share your results.

#16 ·
Just put a solid copper head gasket on month ago. I will lower the tune, give more info on
revmax if you would. I understand if you wanna play, you gotta pay. The truck sucked before the upgrades and I have done them all myself which makes it alittle more bearable when something happens. I still would rather have it like this as the gutless wonder it was before.
Eddie

#21 ·
What type of performance can you tune to, towing?

#20 ·
Good luck with the new transmission!

#23 ·
Revmax, Do you have any of these units out on the road? Towing and running high tunes? Just curious how they are doing? I have one and it is turning into a complete slush box. How is the shift quality with your upgraded unit? Using stock input shaft?

#24 ·
People do not really run these on high HP tunes as they are work rigs. Most people are in the 90-120hp range.

Yes, stock input shaft and there will not be billet shafts for these as far as we can see. The k1 drum is mated to the shaft and you would be looking at a 2-3k shaft/ drum minimum. NOt to mention, these trucks are not that common...

Shift quality will be the same as the original...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.