Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so a week ago i was driving and noticed the truck wouldn't go past 4th gear pulled over checked codes found one for transmission pressure sensor deleted it and truck was fine... Till today happened again but this time a code for turbine speed sensor deleted but no fix tried to get up to speed and hurd a sound almost like when your exhaust break comes on the hardest with tow/haul on. Made it the rest of the way home in 4th gear but can't get any codes to pop up on my scanner on the dash or on my smarty. ( never once did i get an idot light on dash )

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
07.5Cliffard, you might have 2 issues going on based on your description. On the trans stuck on 4th is telling you that it's on limp mode, on my own experience with my rig this happens when the temperature goes over 200 deg (Slippage) i would do the same thing, pull over and turn ignition off and start back up and everything is back to normal, this happens when i'm on a stop and go traffic only other than that it would ran fine. Eventually i had to get the trans replaced (not rebuild) Also a tell tale sign on mine was the shuddering on 4th and over gears.. Now on the turbine issue you have i'm not clear if you deleted the sensor of you just cleared the code?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts