Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I bought my 1998.5 a year ago with 160k miles from the original owner and his son they said it is the factory trans I talked to them again about it a couple days ago same thing it's factory. But now miles are 170k miles and 1-3 are strong but if I'm going like any lower than 1850 area for rpms over drive it like a slush box doesn't want to shift in but if I hammer (1850-2100) it shift pretty firm I don't get it. I was think about getting the od solenoid check but maybe getting a bit bigger tc vb and flex plate to try and nd help what do you guys think???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just a guess but with those kind of miles she might be on her way out. There's a tranny trouble shooting chart on here somewhere if ya search for it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That what I do t get is is super strong no matter what thru the first 3 but and getting on in od but yeah ill look it up

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow just realized my last post was messed up I hate auto correct but 1-3 Super strong but I just want others thoughts Maybe some one had this same problem

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is your tv cable adjusted right and also it's pretty easy to pull the od unit off the tranny and check out the clutches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts