Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Sterling Bullet 6.7 cummins with the aisan transmission with 210k miles. The dealer has been no help since they have discontinued all software programming for the truck.

The problem I am having is the gear indicator light on the cluster are lighting up with squares around them. When it does that the transmission drop out of OD to D and not shift from there. We have replaced the TIPM and the TCM and I was able to get programmed by a guy who was able to build a custom program for it.

Truck did good for 400 miles and I thaught we had found the problem but its back to doing the same thing. I am thinking it has to be a wiring issue, maybe a touching wire somewhere in the harness but have no idea where to begin.

Any tips I am all ears and eyes!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Have you taken a look at your connectors to make sure a wire or pin hasn't worked loose? I've heard cases (though rare) where that's happened. I think the 68rfe has three harness connectors. Not sure about the aisin (I'm guessing it's an AS68rc based on your year though). Maybe give a call to revmax, suncoast, or ats and see if they have any ideas. They all have builds for the AS69 and revmax also offers a built AS68, so they may have a better idea. If you have the ability to pull TCM codes, that'll probably be useful as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.