Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would yall say the NV4500 5 speed transmission and transfer case weigh with and without fluids?

Gonna do the clutch this weekend and i wanna make sure i have a trans jack strong enough to not have to worry about it not being able to get it up.

id prefer to not drain the trans and trans case if i dont have to as im out a job and money is tight right now.

guess the better question is does it weigh under 800 lbs ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not a transmission tech but I'd bet a large sum that gearbox is half that or less.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I actually have the same exact question. I already bought the tranny jack with 800 lb capacity.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have pulled my buddies tranny twice both times left the t-case on and the jack isn't the best but it held it just fine, don't know what weight the jack is so im not much help

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually have the same exact question. I already bought the tranny jack with 800 lb capacity.
yup me to, harbor freight special :lol4:

im goin out there now to take my truck apart so ill let yall know if the trans jack folds or cant lift the tranny here after a bit.

its time to put the full ceramic valair in!!:party018::headbang:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its less than 800 even full of oil. LOL, cheap harbor freight trans jack picks it up and moves it around just fine.

·
Registered
593 Posts
the tranny weights like 300 pounds tops. . . and the t case weights like 120. . . i picked up the t case and my buddy bolted it on. And we both took the tranny on and off the jack by ourselfs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i just got done putting a tranny in it weighs about 200ish and transf. 125ish my best guess on the weight

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kinda what im thinking now that i got it out, guess the transfer case is alot lighter than i expected. damn trany is still on the trans jack under the truck in the driveway. LOL. uess it will go back in on monday when a machine shop opens up so i can get my flywheel turned.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The DLD transfer case weighs 85lbs I just shipped one! 200ish for an auto

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The DLD transfer case weighs 85lbs I just shipped one! 200ish for an auto

the nv should be around 250lbs with the bellhousing.

yup i think my dld shipping weight was 90lbs and a dhd i shipped was about 110lbs

your jack will be fine:thumbsup:

whats the weight of your 271 sportster???

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
the nv should be around 250lbs with the bellhousing.

yup i think my dld shipping weight was 90lbs and a dhd i shipped was about 110lbs

your jack will be fine:thumbsup:

whats the weight of your 271 sportster???

I just weighed the 271 with bolt on flanges and the rear driveshaft flange bolted on is 120lbs empty

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
yup me to, harbor freight special :lol4:

im goin out there now to take my truck apart so ill let yall know if the trans jack folds or cant lift the tranny here after a bit.

its time to put the full ceramic valair in!!:party018::headbang:
If it is the about $139 model it will be just fine, that is the one I bought and pulled the trans and transfer case as one. Sure made putting back together a snap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts