Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the direstions. They are hard to follow and I dont think I can do this. Any help? Better direstions out there? I dont know..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I did one a few years back and its not that bad. The directions are good you just need to take your time and keep everything as clean as possible and not loose ANYTHING. It is really not that bad.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
15,462 Posts
Just read the direstions. They are hard to follow and I dont think I can do this. Any help? Better direstions out there? I dont know..
Yeah, they do bounce around a bit don't they. Best advice, read it several times and take your time. :thumbsup

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am about ready to do the some thing.I hope you guys are right.When i get it done.And drive it.I will post results.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've done a few different shift kits in dodges & fords. I was a little bit sketchy on my 1st one, but like cerberusiam said, read them a couple times & once you get into it it's not that bad.

·
Premium Member
15,462 Posts
I am about ready to do the some thing.I hope you guys are right.When i get it done.And drive it.I will post results.
You will like it, tires won't. :thumbsup

If you are using the 48RE kit, DO NOT try to make changes or additions. Its not very mod friendly unless you really, REALLY know what the effect will be.

·
Premium Member
15,462 Posts
well I am using the 48RE kit. What are you saying?
Follow the instruction sheet and just don't try to add other features like 1st or 2nd gear lockup, downshift locked TC, etc.

The 47RE kits allow some more things to be done but they are different than the 48 kit and there have been some miscues trying to merge the 2.

The kit is geared to work well the way it is setup but adding things could have unforseen problems.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What are the benefits of this shift kit?

kevlars

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, is it going to improve performance while pushing snow, and towing?? Does it reduce slip in the autos and improve mileage?

kevlars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts