Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a transfer tank in Alaska? I am about to drive out and want to limit my stops in canada so I am looking for a 60-100gl transfer tank but don't know of any place that sells them that are DOT leagal. Thanks If you have one and would part with it that would be even more helpful

·
Registered
424 Posts
call around and see if a metal shop can custom build one

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
to bad got three good used ones here in edmonton canada

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got mine at a Tractor Supply Company (TSC). Dont know if yall have those up there?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope there is no TSC in alaska that is where I would get one if I could.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to bad got three good used ones here in edmonton canada
Will I be driving through alberta? I have no real idea just gonna set the gps and go. Trying to get maps of canada is pretty hard for some reason:peelout

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maybe an off road shop. I've seen them in there before but they are proud of them $$.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Anchorage or Fairbanks? Auto Trim Design might have one in Fairbanks, everything they sell is kinda pricey though. Or maybe try craigslist.

·
Cummins Nut
291 Posts

·
Cummins Nut
291 Posts
click the links. first company is Aero Tanks and the second is Transferflow

·
Registered
7 Posts
Northern Tool has some inexpensive tanks, but shipping to AK may be steep.

How about a used tank (salvage yard?) from an HDT (Heavy Duty Class 8 Truck).
Usually they are in the 100-150 gal range and would have fuel line fittings.
Fabricate a mount for your bed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bet that 6 Robblees,Truckwell, Alaska Custom Truck or Bobs Services would have one. Better yet, head out with out one and go to Chico California and get one at Transferflow.

You can get them shipped to Ak quite easily. Use Linden and have it delivered to Tacoma.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bet that 6 Robblees,Truckwell, Alaska Custom Truck or Bobs Services would have one. Better yet, head out with out one and go to Chico California and get one at Transferflow.

You can get them shipped to Ak quite easily. Use Linden and have it delivered to Tacoma.
I was going to try them this week, I leave in about 3.5 weeks so I do not have the time to ship something like that up here. I would love a transfer flow but driving over to cali would be pointless by the time I get there. I am not heading west I need to go east.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love my Transfer flow and I'm getting ready to order another one.

Shipping could be a bit spendy though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go to Alaska Industrial Hardware in Anchorage and pick up a Tradesman 110 gallon L-tank and also a Flow right 15 GPM pump and you will be set. Figure you will spend about $600-$700. I bought one of these units like this set up for $400 and I have not seen another used one that good yet. If you don't want to spend the money I can give you a couple 55gal drums from my work and you can buy a $150 hand pump and pump it out of the drums as you drive down.

Juat a side note I came up from Montana a couple years ago in my 05 pulling about 14,000 lbs. I filled my 110 gallon L-tank in MT, then contined to fill up just the truck until I got to Dawon Creek, toped of the truck and with 110 gal in the tank I made it all the way to Wasilla with out having to fill up. The tank more than paid for itself.

Hope that helps. Shoot me a PM if you want some drums. :thumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whatever you do don't get a gravity feed one. A buddy of mine had one for his truck got pulled over in Canada and got stuck with a huge fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AIH got mine there 325 out the door. Lowes is carrying them now too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts