Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first posting and I wanted to start with something simple....we'll see.

I'd like some opinions on which way to go as far as a new transfer pump

The blue chip guys say a the new cummins OEM replace pumps are OK, but..
I'm thinking an aftermarket solution would be a better direction....

thanks Much
andy

·
Registered
326 Posts
Akelly21

It depends on on how much modification you are going to do to your truck.
The Airdog is the original fuel system. You also have the option of FASS, but it is also more expensive. The Airdog is about 500 bucks and the 100gpm and 150gpm are the same price. If you install the 150 gpm then it will take care of all your needs down the road if you ever do additional upgrades. Why spend money twice? The 150 gpm requires a draw straw which you have to drop your tank but I have read many guys run the pump without it until they find time to do the tank install. The Airdog is also smaller in size for mounting. Kyle at Xtreme Diesel has a nice side by side comparison of the FASS, Airdogg, and the Raptor. Here is the Link Airdog and FASS comparison pics. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/xtreme-diesel-performance/56082-airdog-fass-comparison-pics.html
There was a post on here recently that people have had some issue with initial prime of the FASS. You can contact Gus at Farmboydiesel and Kyle at Xtreme Diesel as they commented about their issues. The Airdog has a lifetime warranty. And I believe the FASS just came out with it as well. I am by no means an expert on this. This is what I have gathered from my research and other people's posts. I have just done a lot of research on the products I am about to purchase to get an education. Especially with the costs I want to be 100% certain I am purchasing the right product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts