Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 dodge 2500 ok so I just removed the trans and I noticed the line for the t case was not connected to anything once i removed the mount that held the line to the top of bell housing I’m unsure we’re it goes because it’s a single line and all the diagrams show a multi line

·
Registered
14,791 Posts
There's four vacuum lines that go to the multi vacuum plug right on top of the transfer case. Then there's a single vent hose that connects to the top drivers side of the transfer case.

·
Registered
18,933 Posts
The vacuum line are: one to firewall for vacuum source by oil dipstick to splitter to that switch, two to the CAD If it has a manual cable 4x4 cad control installed the vacuum tubes are likely disconnected an blocked. If the harness is bad i is available at the dealer for about 40 bucks if you/they can find the part number. i posted it here three weeks ago. They can be homemade/repaired too. Make sure they do not get switched at the cross member under the TC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There’s only a single nipple on the trans with a single hose running from that nipple to the top of the bell hosing not connected to anything. And the 4wd Is controlled by a single plug on of the t case

·
Registered
18,933 Posts
Do you have a cable control for the CAD in the cab? Do you have the CAD as you should?
What you are describing is not stock.
Does you 4x4 work?
Does the 4x4 light on the dash come on?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the t case the 4wd light comes on when shifted when I get out tomorrow I will look for the cad as I have not checked

·
Registered
18,933 Posts
I assume you know what and where it is?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts