Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
mine vibrates a little. if your real worried check any mounting bolts and whatnot for being loose. while your at it take a look at your u-joints too

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
I assume this in in 2HI. Check u-joints for damage. All of em. If no problem found, then internal TC probablly exist.

·
Registered
376 Posts
it shakes just enough that you can see it. my old truck (ford) did this too so im not worried about it. just check them u-joints and go from there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright. Have you ever gone mudding in your cummins? I took mine in a pond but just backed in and got the rear tires wet and when i tried to get out the tires wouldnt move and i was blowing tons of smoke. It seemed like the motor was bogged down.

·
Registered
376 Posts
man thats wierd. i dont go muddin with this rig, shes my baby and diesel really arent that good in mud (so front end heavy) still thats weird, are you sure the tires wernt just spinning and the truck up shifted?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah im sure. i was barley in the mud too. It kinda scared me so after i lucky got out i quit mudding haha. oh yeah my air filter was really dirty at the time. i think that contributed to it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
it might have, deff a good idea to keep that clean :thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
man thats wierd. i dont go muddin with this rig, shes my baby and diesel really arent that good in mud (so front end heavy) still thats weird, are you sure the tires wernt just spinning and the truck up shifted?
BAH!
You'd about have to put a gun to my head to go to a gas powered full size mud truck!

Im not mudding the Dodge because, well, thats why I bought it. I wanted a stock height, stock tired diesel. But I do have a powerstroke that was built as a street/mud truck. Yeah, they are nose heavy but all the torque is great. If you can keep the front wheels powered, it will usually pull thru. I've gotten stuck in my diesel 4 times.. First was when someone got me going somewhere they shouldn't have(after a rain across a field that the owner doesn't mow, he just hits it with a disc several times a year) before I had the front driveshaft in, then once when the front driveshaft fell apart at the slip from being too short, then once when the double cardan blew apart from it being too long and bottomed out, then finally after I got all my driveshaft issues solved I blew out a lock in hub in about 3 foot of mud. That was a bad day....

Oh and the first time buried in the field without the driveshaft and my trusty navigator.. Was trying to get hooked up to that trailer:

Was on 38s then, now 42s, and after it gets painted my go on 2.5 tons and tractor tires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was going thru my posts and i saw this one. just incase anyone reads this i found out the problem. u-joints were shot and the where the transfer case was bolted up it was cracked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts