Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Geeze. I need to get my front driveshaft checked. It's had a slight vibration at 70mph since i got the truck. Don't go on the highway often, but this makes me want to remove mine until I can get it balanced and checked.

Reactions: Digit09

·
Registered
473 Posts
Man every time I see these posts it scares me to death. I bought my truck last year with 168k. It was fairly well taken care of, but who knows if that front driveshaft was ever lubed? I've heard of guys that lube their driveshaft and then it fails a couple days later...

Looks like you can get a full replacement driveshaft for ~$250 from some places... cheap insurance? Or is it better to just have the cardan joint rebuilt on the stock one? I don't have any vibration, but no peace of mind either :)
Honestly, for me I'll just send mine off to get checked out and if it needs a rebuild, then I'm good. I know it needs to be balanced so that's at the top of the list.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Every time I see this happen I hear all the guys that told me a freespin kit was a wast of money ! Lol
I think that kit just went way up on my priority list.

Reactions: Digit09

·
Registered
473 Posts
Keep in mind I have 300K on the clock. I think that 150K for the rebuild and make sure that the drive shaft is lube up. Should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Good point. I'm at 215K and need to get the front shaft re-built. Free spin is just for extra security and what little mpg gain I might get.

Reactions: 21gti
1 - 4 of 4 Posts