Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this but was wondering can a 241 dld transfer case mount up and work if I used to have a 241 dhd. Will I have to do any mods? Thanks

·
Registered
21,439 Posts
It may but you will have to check the input shaft match to the output on the OD, There are two spline counts possible and four lengths and bearing sizes. The dhd is 29 spline and if it matches up and is the same length as the dld it should work.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ld and hd take different spline count yokes. Also manual and autos are different input count auto 23 spline and manual 29.

·
Registered
21,439 Posts
I stand corrected on the Manual vs auto being 23 and 29. But in checking some listings it appears that both modern DLD and DHD auto's have 23 spline. They are 4 different lengths and 2 bearing sizes and can vary with build dates and original part numbers. I do not know but I wonder if you may be able to change input shafts from one to to the other. The DHD was an option on 2500's that came stock with DLD. If the spline count fits and is the right length to mate up it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts