Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I finally was able tro talk to the guy who "built" my transmission today. Comes to find out that the only thing my treanny has is a BD valve body and a BD torque lock converter. :RANTIN: I had suspected that the trans was slipping in overdrive, but this is the first auto truck I have owned. So, my question to you is this. What should I do, that is economical as far as price goes, to the trans. I want to get the better clutches and bands because I am planning to sled pull this truck. I am also planning on doing more engine work to it so I really need this thing to hold up. Any ideas?

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
only thing i would suggest is save up for the clutchs and billet shafts. its what i plan on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
:agree2:
The only way a "hold my beer" transmission is economical as far as price is concerned is if its not even close to economical when you build it the first time.
You're really better off to save up and build the crap out of it and do it right, all at once. Especially if you want to sled pull with it.
My $0.02.
-R.J.

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if you were me, what brand stuff would you go with? BD, ATS, any others?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Friend of mine runs a HTS hes running in the 12s. Also goerend and suncoast are very reputable. just get ready for some :$:

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,298 Posts
Farm boy diesel can get you good prices on great parts:convertor, bands, VB, clutches, shafts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got all SunCoast stuff and couldn't be happier with it. I'm partial, but I vote SunCoast. It stands up very well to the abuse of people like Jeff Garmon and Darren Morrison to name few.
-R.J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts