Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today driving in heavy traffic my trans temp was reading 210-217 is that normal? It was also about 85 degrees today.....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??????

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Seems 20 or 30 degrees high unless you were towing.

Then again, you do have giant tires.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
220 deg. is where i would consider too high, when possible in stop and go traffic put your tranny in nuteral to keep the tranny fluid circulating thru cooler

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
210-217 seems a little high. However driving in heavy traffic would make the temps rise. Your tires might also affect the temps but I don't think it would be that much. My truck usually runs about 185-190 in heavy traffic. Where do you have the sender mounted? It seems there are a lot of opinions as to where the sender should be mounted. Depending on where it is will determine what temps you will read.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the temp reading is coming from the PMT.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
that does seem alittle high......sometimes my tranny get's into the 200* area and i start to freak out. But ive not had anyproblems with tranny till this date. I even went to pismo beach pulling a 14,000 trailer right onto the beach into the dunes and the temp got to about 210*, again i started to freak out..............but again no problems at all. good luck.:thumbsup

so , in traffic about 185-205 usually
and 150-185 coasting depending if im hauling or pulling or driving fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts