Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it has been hot here in Ohio lately and i haven't ran my truck any harder than normal. But the other day i was coming home from work and my trans temp light came on with the tow haul light and the transmission down shifted and stayed that way. I parked it and the next day no problem, then this morning it happens again got it home and let it cool. Popped the hood and noticed a lot of debris between the radiator and the trans cooler (bugs and crap). Cleaned that out then no problem. So i really pushed it tonight to see if it would do it again and sure enough it did. I also noticed that the fan clutch was engaged the whole time. I could really use some help on this one. I was thinking of flushing the entire system and changing the filter. Any other suggestions. Oh and it has 114000 miles on it 4000 of which i put on. Hoping it is just do for some maintence and not a big problem. Engine temp was at 200-190 during problem. PLEASE HELP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts