Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody else has high trans temps while driving in city traffic. Once TQ locks up, it goes to like 140, but in city traffic it can get up to 190 or hotter real quick. I know its not that hot, but it is warmer than id like. I have my guage reading off the hottest line. Just wondering if everyones is the same. Ive seen mine as high as 250 in city...and i dont like. i was thinking about adding another trans cooler with an auxilary fan...but just want to know if anyone did anything

·
Paranoid
432 Posts
Mine always gets hotter in stop-and-go situations. Especially with a load behind it, normal operation. If you dont like how high it gets, you could always put a deep pan on it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a built trans with a deep pan already on it

·
Registered
921 Posts
With a low stall converter, that is normal, the high heat is created in the converter. And the temp probe is in the hot line. After the oil flows through the cooler and combines with the oil in the deep pan, it will be cool...not to worry.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i always tell myself lol
but it still gets me itchin at times....i was just curious

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Just put it in neutral when sitting, it relieves the heat and keeps the fluid moving.

I don't let mine get over 200* when reading from the HOT line.

I just toss it in neutral and the temps come down.

I usually see 75-90* above ambient under normal driving conditions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i always put it in neutral while idling or sitting long time in traffic...i just leave it in gear if its constant stop and go because it just wears it out faster to go from neutral to drive constantly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts