Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
My temp sensor is in the trans line. I took the trans line off and cut it and installed a fitting... Do you have a 47re? not sure if their is a port in the trans on that one or not..

· Registered
2,438 Posts
i bought the manifold from Diesel manor to cut in the hot line...u will get better readins,, cause the fluid will be cooler back at the pan...

· Registered
498 Posts
Front cooler line or the pan. oil goes out of TC through the front cooler line through the heat exchanger then cooler then to the back of the Trans

The front cooler line will give you a reading of how hot the oil is getting The Pan will be about 10-15 degrees cooler and will give you the temp before it goes through the pump and TC

· Registered
115 Posts
I have been running mine in the test port for the last 4 years. I have to crawl under there, I can't remember which one it was. Temps have always been comparable with those using the return line. I wanted to move it to the return, but I have been a little lazy getting it done.

· Not Broken? I'll Fix That
89 Posts

· Not Broken? I'll Fix That
89 Posts
That is what I am thinking I dont really want to cut my line.

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Cooler Line Manifolds at DieselManor
Is this the product you used Punk?
yes,, thats what i have ,,i believe they have another application,,,u can also do the whole line...diesel manor sells the whole line also ,, if u dont feel like cutting the line.....its not a big deal ,,its all compression fittings.......what i did is when i change my fluid and filter ,, i took off the line ,,its kinda impossible to cut in place

· Registered
2,438 Posts
its whatever u feel comfortable doin,,,im a big believer in "do it yourself "...y pay someone to do something that u can do yourself....its totally up to u bro

· Registered
398 Posts
I picked up the whole replacement line, my truck had seen some pretty nasty road conditions in its short life and taking the old hose off was close to impossible.

New line with sensor bung, tranny fluid flush while I was down there. good stuff.

· Registered
4,642 Posts
on my 06 2500 i just got the line from DM and replaces the whole thing. i have done the add a T to the rubber part of the line also and if u rgoing to do this take the line off the truck MUCH easier

· Registered
2,438 Posts
i would watch using teflon tape,,,autometer claims that the teflon could interfere with the gauge workin properly,,,cause the sender grounds itself and the teflon could cause the sender not to have a good ground.......just a thought ...it doesnt mean that this will happen ...just wanna those things that if your gauge is not workin properly that the teflon could be the problem

· Premium Member
15,655 Posts
This is were i put mine. just make sure you put some teflon tape on it. So i doesn't leak like mine did. Kinda got in a hurry.:doh: Passenger side.
Heads up guys, the ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WRONG place to put the temp probe. Totally useless for any readings that are usable.

These are TEST ports, not temp ports. All you will read here is heat soak in the transmission, nothing at all usable on fluid temp to adjust driving. By the time this location reads a problem the trans is already compromised and quite probably toasted.

Temp probe goes in the cooler output line for the obvious reasons, hottest fluid point in the trans. ;)

· Registered
116 Posts
How come someone does not make a small fitting that will go between the line and the tranny, not replacing the whoe line just install a small fitting!! Is that not an option.... i will be installing a tranny gauge when I get back on shore....

· Registered
498 Posts
How come someone does not make a small fitting that will go between the line and the tranny, not replacing the whoe line just install a small fitting!! Is that not an option.... i will be installing a tranny gauge when I get back on shore....
It is very crowded going into the trans at that particular spot. Shifter, Band adjuster, TV cable ect

· Premium Member
15,655 Posts
Someone does, Genos garage has a simple t-fitting that goes in the rubber portion of the cooler output line. Cutt the line, install the bard t fitting with good clamps and its done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.