Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my cummins guys have a problem with my 01 24valve 5.9 L6. When stopped at light or stop sign and I smash on it the RPM's get to around 3500 before it shifts and when it does it slips only in 1st and 2nd gear. After 2nd gear works fine I can smash on it and I'll smoke the tires and trams shifts normal. So any idea's should I upgrade the trans are buy a sun coast trans. What you guys think.

Oh ya I almost forgot I have around 545 hp and 800 and something ft lbs of torque.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Firstly how exactly do you know it is slipping in first and 2nd? do RPMs shoot up with no acceleration? You would have to accelerate to hit 3rd gear so how long does it take? The tc doesn't lockup until 3rd so it would seem as if the tranny is slipping. When you mash on it you should shift close to 3500 is you have a programmer that allows it. my ADR fuels tell about 3300 rpm

I don't remember your setup from your other threads so please please please please please please fill out your sig because we cannot play magic and guess what your truck has.

how does your fluid look/smell?

If in fact the tranny is slipping in 1st and 2nd it is time for a new tranny. Revmax suncoast firepunk are all good.

If you have 545 hp then what mods does your tranny have currently? I feel like I am blindfolded throwing darts at a list of issues.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because in 1st and 2nd it's like it wines out the tranny and when it's mashed it won't shift until I let off and get back in it and I have a edge drag comp 120 hp programmer . Trans fluid is good not dirty still reddish looking and it does not smell burnt And currently the tranny is stock no upgrades. And idk how to fill out the thing u asked me to do inform me how and I will be glad to do so.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
I did inform you by posting a picture in the post above. It circles the button you need to click :banghead: You can set up your sig on your phone use the settings button in the top right

If your truck has a edge comp and I guess some other stuff to hit "545 hp" then your stock tranny will not hold the power.

What other mods do you have to hit the "545 hp" claimed?

Regardless if you have a stock tranny it is time to spend some money on a new one. I am guessing your tranny is toasted.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol bang head huh? Ok well I have factory 290 hp. I have 100hp injectors. 120 hp programmer stacked with a 85hp super chip. Banks monster ram intake manifold with 3-1/2" boost tube. Volant cold air intake. Ported and polished head gaskets with ARP studs a manifold intake heater delete. A BD performance waste gate. High performance vp44 injection pump a Fass 15 0gph lift pump and fixing to slap a garret 63mm turbo.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
so is 545 dyno'ed or randomly guessed? If dyno'd I really want to know what your EGT's were like like a hx35 :rof

You have stock of 235 hp brand new from the factory. There was no factory 290 hp 2nd gen. You have 100 hp injectors and a edge box stacked with another box that is overwhelming the timing. Since you have the edge sell the super chip you will likely have a better running truck.

Regardless time for a tranny. There is no way anything is holding inside of your tranny with the amount of power you are pushing. MY tranny wouldn't even hold just my adr and that put me at maybe 325-350 hp if I was to take a random guess.

And what u mean by claimed 545hp have no reason to lie bout it
When you say 545 hp and a guess on torque it shows that something is up. Without knowing the truck and what it actually puts down and the mods there is no way we can help you.

G

·
why the hell would you upgrade your engine without upgrading your tranny?!?!?! thats just stupid right there. and guessing doesnt give you crap for hp and tq ratings. 100hp injectors doesnt mean you will gain 100hp. and cummins came from the factory 235hp stock like me78569 said. AND FILL OUR YOUR SIGNATURE! me78569 already showed you

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant to put 235 idk what I was thinking about with 290. But no haven't dynode it yet but I no I can't be off that much to
Be honest I really think I'm at the 600hp mark which I didn't want that much hp but it is what it is and as far as the torque it's pushing quite a lot I need to dyno it but it's hard to find a place around where I'm from that has a dyno machine

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
:rof hate to tell you don't have 600 with a hy35 ( assuming hy35 since you dont have a sig again) The compressor wheel would be through your motor if you had it spinning that fast.

Read the dyno thread and compare people with 100 hp injectors, edge, and a hy35. you super chips is doing zippo ( possibly even robbing power).

Without having dyno proven numbers it is just a very very very vague guess as to hp. I do know your hx35 is out of the map range with your current setup that I would put you are maybe 425hp on a good day. A hy35 runs out of steam around 35psi. Anything above that is a waste.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...scussion/229737-please-post-dyno-results.html

Check post 14 and see what a guy running your setup is doing with an hx35.

Now look at post 13 and see what it takes to top 500.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm working on it what's the big deal with the damn signature thing anyway? And it's called money pal I'm on a set income I was injured at work had back surgery and now I'm on workman's comp I don't make as much as I use to I do a lil at a time when I have the cash so it's not stupid in my opinion so before u go judging someone you don't even no get the facts I can't stand arrogant smart a$$ ppl

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hy35? And well I'll just find a dyno and prove my numbers I no my truck inside and out and I know what kinda money I have in it and about where I am in power and sry to tell u but the stacked superchip isn't robbing any hp but like I said I'll prove my numbers soon enough and I'm fixing to pull out both the super chip and drag comp box and replace it with the juice edge with attitude CTS and double stack it

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
The signature tells us what your truck has so we know how to fix issues. There are a million different setups that can cause a million different issues. We need to know what you have so we know where to start looking. Without a sig people aren't gonna bother helping.

I am not judging you at all but your claims just aren't true. If anything I am trying to save you money by letting you know your hy35 beyond it's limits at this point. I am guessing your EGT's are through the roof and way beyond safe. Last thing I want is you melting a piston.

Trust me I know about not having money. I don't have 500 hp, I don't even have 400, :rof I might have 325-350 on a good day. First to admit to that.

Without facts we can do nothing other than speculate.

Now back to your issue. Call revmax and see what they can do for you. I would guess you need a full build tranny. Yours is very likely about to fall out of the truck ( figuratively speaking) A turbo should wait until you get a tranny that can hold power put in place.

If you don't know what a hy35 is then I doubt you know your truck.

Lol I think this thread is done. good luck

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I meant to put 235 idk what I was thinking about with 290. But no haven't dynode it yet but I no I can't be off that much to
Be honest I really think I'm at the 600hp mark which I didn't want that much hp but it is what it is and as far as the torque it's pushing quite a lot I need to dyno it but it's hard to find a place around where I'm from that has a dyno machine

You really need to get it on a Dyno. There is no way your even close to 600 HP. Look at my sig and I am only at 641 and I have way more than you. Your trans is probably trashed as there is no way it will hold up to the mods you have. Time to spend some coin on a new built trans.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahaha to bad if you would have read what I put I'm either replacing it with a sun coast tranny r beef up the stock one and I've had the truck 2 years and it's still going strong there buddy laugh all you want I'll put my truck up against anything you have and bust ur Hahahah that douche

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well like I said I'll prove my numbers as soon as I can find a shop with a dyno. And ya I think I'm going to go with the all built sun coast tranny. I hate ppl that criticize and make fun of ppl who r new to all this I mean I'm not a full fledged diesel mechanic I'm going to school for it and everything I learned I did it my self just by doing it. I'm not talking bout anything u said but I mean some ppl on here try to make u feel stupid I'm going to school recovering form this back surgery and have a 2 month old baby girl it's not like I just have hundreds of thousand of dollars I do what I can when I can a lil at a time it just pisses me off that I ask for help on something and ppl comment with smart a$$ things

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
There is no way you can even dyno 500 horsepower on a stock 47re. Impossible. The trans was designed to handle stock power levels. If the truck is still drivable thats amazing in itself.
Perhaps the previous owner upgraded the trans and you dont know?
There are people on these forums that forgot more about Cummins than you'll ever learn, especially with your attitude.
I would suggest you sell the truck to someone who isnt a complete moron.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.