Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tranny wont shift out of 1st till 2500RPM, then once it does it stays at 2200 till it gets to OD. My SDS wire came off yesterday and i reinstalled it and after that is when it started to act up. There is no check engine light and its been hooked up to a reader. Any ideas on what to check next. Thanks

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
We need to know what your driving to help....fill out your sig.with your truck info...:thumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry its a 96 2500 cummins

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's my situation....

Got off of the highway, truck was downshifting. Felt a jerk (kinda like I was sliding on gravel.) Stopped at the light, turned, and the truck wouldn't shift out of first gear. Drove a bit, and it finally shifted out of first after the truck hit about 2800 rpms. I got to my destination and check the fluid by putting it in Neutral and setting the E-Brake. I noticed the fluid was low. Driving it over to wal-mart the truck wouldn't shift properly either. I put 2 quarts of ATF +4 in, and started on my way home. I left the store, and the truck would still not shift right. It does fine in first, gets to high rpm's then will shift into 2nd jerky. Won't shift into 3rd or 4th (of course) and the O/D button has no effect. Anyone know whats going on. I'm thinking that the torque converter is finally taking a ****. Any ideas...

Does this sound like the same problem you are having. Cause I have been told it's the Pressure Governor Solenoid & transducer or something like that. If you google "Pressure Governor Solenoid & transducer" there is a link on turbodieselregister.com that shows what they look like and how to replace them, if that is the same problem you are having.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Depending on what truck you drive, you may have a wiring problem..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could that be the same problem I'm having?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it doesnt do any gear correct. The only th ng that it works right in is OD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts