Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

trans sender adapter

1839 15
Diesel manor offers one for $43.
Cooler Line Manifolds at DieselManor
no bashing meant here, but isn't that just a compresion fitting? Would a half inch compression tee from hardware store work ok?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
or get a flare tee with a female 1/2" branch and flare the factory lines?

· Registered
585 Posts
I just went to the local hydraulic shop and got a steel compression t he even had one 1/2 compression X1/8 ip. cost 7 bucks. Ive had brass compression fittings work themselves loose on my tractors, never once has a steel fitting failed.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for posting guess it worked ok for you?

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I've read that some models both newer and older than mine had the fitting, maybe it was a option? mine sure don't though.Prolly pricy to buy new oem line.

· Registered
194 Posts
I have a 95 but I am not sure where the port is. Is it in this pic? I see a plug on the housing but not a port in the line.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Yes it is. Clean the brass colored thing. That's the stock fuel temp sensor. I put a 1K resistor in the connector covered with oil in this picture and used the port for my aftermarket transmission temp gauge.

· Registered
194 Posts
ok thanks, can you go into a little more detail. What would happen if I just disconnected that wire clip? Why would that be a fuel temp sensor if tranny fluid is going through there? Thanks

Yes it is. Clean the brass colored thing. That's the stock fuel temp sensor. I put a 1K resistor in the connector covered with oil in this picture and used the port for my aftermarket transmission temp gauge.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Oops. That's a typo. It's the transmission temp sensor. If you disconnect the wire clip (connector) you won't have OD or lockup. The PCM will react as if the transmission was cold. A 1K resistor in the connector causes the PCM to react as if the transmission was at normal operating temps. If the transmission gets hot enough the PCM will turn on the warning light and drop OD and lockup. The problem with that is if it got hot enough for that to happen the transmission is already damaged. Better to use a resistor in the connector and use the port for a transmission temp gauge.

· Registered
194 Posts
ok that makes sense. So I can get a 1k resister at home depot or somewhere. then I cut off the clip and splice the resister on? Or would it use the existing clip. Thanks for the help

· Premium Member
12,495 Posts
A 1000 ohm resistor is 25¢ at Radio Shack.
When you unplug the stock sensor you see how easy it is to push the resistor leads into the connector securely.
Don't hook the stock sensor back up with the resistor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.