Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered everything to replace my forward trans cooler with a mishimoto, bypass my heat exchanger and put in a derale remote cooler under the bed. Last thing I’m trying to figure out before the install is how to wire the new derale cooler fan. Where is the best place to get a keyed 12 volt power from? I also want to run a separate manual switch for the fan. Any suggestions on how to wire would be much appreciated. Also if anyone has any mounting locations they could post pics of

·
Registered
47 Posts
For my derale (15950 Atomic Cool) i tapped into the pink and yellow wire, which carries ignition power. There is a small one that you can access from inside the cab, but if you look under your TIPM/fuse box there is a bigger pink/yellow wire there, that is where i tapped in for mine. I figured the fan does not draw that much power, under 2 amps IIRC for mine, although I will probably put a relay on there when I get some time to eliminate any potential TIPM issues, I had to do it quick and dirty to get my truck going again for work after a major rebuild that took me two months, but i would recommend using a relay to do it right the first time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts