Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv done some searches. We all know how well the search function works. My question is what can I do to make the trans live longer. I read about the copilot and they are still having problems with the new trucks and the price is pretty steep. I had a GM and did a trans go Jr that held up to a 160 tune pulling for 100,000 miles. They don't make anything for the 68.
Righ now the truck is stock but Im going to run a Smarty just not sure if its going to be the Jr or the full version when its out. I dont hot rod the truck but when Im pulling my trailer which is around 10,000 I dont like dropping speed on the hills.

·
Registered
503 Posts
TransGo makes a shift improver kit for the 68RFE.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I got side tracked on the posting and left out. They dont make a kit that will help it like the kit for the allison. I was told theres not alot to work with. I was hoping that there were some less expensive ways to help my trans live.

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,374 Posts
I bought a Co-Pilot hoping to get more life outta the tranny. If the tranny goes I'd be buying a Co-Pilot with it anyways so I figured I'd get one now to hopefully hold off buying a new tranny until next year or so. Yes it's pricey, but a great addition to a fun truck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.