Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Trans pan gasket

728 6
I had a new trans installed and Im leaking a bit of ATF from the front of the pan. I have a feeling the gasket could be bad. The trans has a mag-hytec double deep pan on it. Do you think I should get a mag-hytec gasket or just a normal napa trans gasket? Mags gasket is $9 dollars, OEM is $13.50, and a napa gasket is $2.50. Whats the difference with these gaskets?

Plus napa has two different sizes if I went with them: 15" L x 11.5" W x .09" H or 14" L x 11.5" W x .067" H

I have no clue which to buy now.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
from my experiences the cork gaskets work the best, so make sure it isnt a rubber gasket where ever you get it. Not sure on the size, i thought all 47re's were the same.

· Registered
152 Posts
I had a new trans installed and Im leaking a bit of ATF from the front of the pan. I have a feeling the gasket could be bad. The trans has a mag-hytec double deep pan on it. Do you think I should get a mag-hytec gasket or just a normal napa trans gasket? Mags gasket is $9 dollars, OEM is $13.50, and a napa gasket is $2.50. Whats the difference with these gaskets?

Plus napa has two different sizes if I went with them: 15" L x 11.5" W x .09" H or 14" L x 11.5" W x .067" H

I have no clue which to buy now.
If my memery is right. I think that its a big o ring that is used for the gasket.

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
NAPA don't know which so offer the 727 and 904 gskts without comment. You want the larger. However I recomend the reuseable gasket from Dodge. Will fit with ease especially if your pan has a solid/flat sealing surface. It is much more expensive and gives lots of bragging rights.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could someone explain why the rubber gasket wont work? Its an arm and leg for mags cork gasket.

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
If you don't want bragging rights then install the first you come across and torque properly. All will be golden and you still brag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.