Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking in to putting a trans kit in my truck. Any suggestions on whats the best? cheapest? Also does anyone know how to electronically lockout 1st gear? or is this just a mechanical/electrical option when you go with a full tranny job?

·
Premium Member
15,609 Posts
I am looking in to putting a trans kit in my truck. Any suggestions on whats the best? cheapest? Also does anyone know how to electronically lockout 1st gear? or is this just a mechanical/electrical option when you go with a full tranny job?
The new Transgo kit seems to be a good setup.

Why would you want to "lockout" 1st gear? Define that a little better. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I have been hearing about that kit I might have to give it a try. The lockout deal is just something for screwing around with smoking haha. Ive seen an 06 cummins with this 1st gear lockout, but he had a suncoast tranny.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There is a smoke "switch" that you can make yourself...I am personally going to do it...and you wouldnt want to lock out 1st gear. To get smoke youd want to lock it out in 3rd gear to lug the motor down and mash on the throttle. That will really let the smoke fly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts