Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Trans Just Let Go

903 11
Hey guys my transmission just lost all forward gears after lunch today. I am trying to get ahold of TRE to get it rebuilt. Towing from around Stafford down to Norfolk is probably gonna be crazy expensive. Anyone know of a towing company that might not be to bad price wise? Or even recommend me a shop to pull the trans then I guess I could just take the trans to Tim? Any help would be awesome.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
set up a AAA account get th e bigest package and you will recieve 4 free 200mile tows a year cant beat the yearly price

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I can get you a number to a trans guy that does just as good work as tim and is closer. Scotty at s&n down by Richmond. He's a vendor for all the big names. Hid did my trans and can't be happier

Reactions: Wesley B

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'll second Scotty as well for a good transmission builder. You can take the trans out yourself with basic hand tools and a jack.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you had the trans pulled by sat I could drop it off at TRE for no charge. I am already going there to get mine built this sat, and I am very close to stafford.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Djwolf - Thanks for the offer man to do that. I talked to Tim yesterday and he even offered to let me us his trailer to take the truck to him. I looked into joining the AAA which was a great idea. I did that and they have a 7 waiting period on when you can use that 200 mile free tow. Tim can't get to it until sometime next week. I will also check out the guy Scott that was mentioned in the Richmond area. Thanks again for the information guys.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Djwolf - Thanks for the offer man to do that. I talked to Tim yesterday and he even offered to let me us his trailer to take the truck to him. I looked into joining the AAA which was a great idea. I did that and they have a 7 waiting period on when you can use that 200 mile free tow. Tim can't get to it until sometime next week. I will also check out the guy Scott that was mentioned in the Richmond area. Thanks again for the information guys.
well if you need his trailer let me know, I willing to bring it up here for ya. I may be new to diesels but I am a part time mechanic for gas'ers and should have the tools and ability to do just about anything mechanically. shoot me a pm if ya need anything.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ill third scotty. If you wanted to take the truck to him I could tow it for you for a slight fuel charge. Just gotta make sure my truck fits on the trailer so I know yours will haha

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the truck back from Tim this weekend. He did an awesome job with the transmission. I somehow managed to bust the front planetary gear, twist the end of the intermediate shaft, and burn up the front gears. After a billet input shaft, flex plate, double deep transmission pan, and DPC triple disc convertor my ram is back on the road. Valve body shifts are firm and runs great. TRE did a great job for me. Tim and the guys rolled my truck on the lift at around 5pm Friday night. I was headed home after his test drive before 10pm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got the truck back from Tim this weekend. He did an awesome job with the transmission. I somehow managed to bust the front planetary gear, twist the end of the intermediate shaft, and burn up the front gears. After a billet input shaft, flex plate, double deep transmission pan, and DPC triple disc convertor my ram is back on the road. Valve body shifts are firm and runs great. TRE did a great job for me. Tim and the guys rolled my truck on the lift at around 5pm Friday night. I was headed home after his test drive before 10pm.
I got the same treatment and same package from him. Tim and his crew know the operation so well that I was a couple beers in with some Norfolk buddies when he called around 11:00 pm to tell me they were all done after my truck was rolled on to the lift a little after 4:30 that afternoon. He then warrantied a weird electrical sensor that created a drive-ability issue only a few months later, for no charge. Worth the trip imo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Same here got mine built couple months back got there around 4 and was done headed back around 10 that night. Also painted my trans case for me great guy's customer for life hope to get a set of injectors from him soon :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.